Safe, Neutral and Effective
HYDROCYN aqua® is versatile, advanced wound care solution suitable for washing, debriding and irrigating chronic and acute wounds.
HYDROCYN aqua® supports the wound healing process by protecting and keeping the wound clean and free from micro-organisms and contaminants.
Tests have been conducted in collaboration with the Swedish National Veterinary Institute (SVA), of the use of HYDROCYN aqua® on a viral culture of the new Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19. The result shows that 99.9% of the virus particles were inactivated – which means, they were no longer functional and thus not contagious.1
- Sterile, water based solution with an active Ingredient Hypochlorous Acid (HoCL – 0.003%)
- Disinfects the area while maintaining the surrounding new and healthy tissues
- Reduces the bacterial load to help the body’s natural mechanism heal a wound
- Effective against a wide range of bacteria, spores and fungi
- No chemical additives – safe and biocompatible
- Good stability (shelf life)
- pH range from 6.5 to 8.0 (neutral)
- Available in a spray or bottle
|Product Code||PiP Code||Description||Size|
1. VIGILENZ (2020) RR-065 Hydrocyn inactivating capacity of SARS-CoV-2 using foetal bovine serum (FBD) at final concentrations of 0.1% and 0.5% in suspension
2. VMD-LO14-R00 Data on File
3. K.R. Nair H, Choudhury S et al (2019) Investigation and review on the efficacy of super-oxidized solution (HYDROCYN aqua) against biofilm. Wounds International Vol 10 (Issue 4) p62-66.
4. K.R. Nair H (2015) The use of a novel wound gel in the management of chronic complex cases
HYDROCYN aqua® is a registered trademark of Vigilenz Medical Devices Sdn Bhd.